Monday, April 20, 2009

I beat myself again

I had a very busy today. After changing out a battery and SD card at one nest camera, I began hauling a battery out to the further nest on Forest Ridge. En route, I found 3!!! nests - 1 building and 2 with kiddoes. I hauled that battery out and turned right around and dragged down a full camera set up and put a camera on the furthest nest (easy to climb). So 3 nests in under 1 hour! Then I went over to another site, St Edwards, that I haven't been to in a couple weeks and found 1 more nest there. So 4 total. I wanted to set up another camera but after hauling the 6 ft ladder to my car at 6:00 pm, I didn't have the energy to go home, retrieve a set up and drag all that equipment plus the ladder out to the nest. Plus I had to go buy more batteries - and while the 30 lb batteries are considerably better than the ones I used to haul (~70 lb), it is still tiring. Unfortunately that adds to the to-do list for tomorrow. I have now found 16 nests and have cameras on 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment