Tuesday, April 14, 2009

slow down

Things are finally starting to slow down, banding-wise. With the addition of 2 more males, I hit 82 today! But alas the majority of birds on the 100 acre plots are finally banded, and the remaining unbanded are not cooperative. We may hit 100 yet, but we may not. I am glad though that things are slowing down because I would like to refocus the majorit of my remaining time to resighting banded birds and locating nests. Time in this very abbreviated field season is running low and I have only located 5 nests thus far. Tomorrow will mark my first day devoted to surveying territories and I am quite hopeful for >1 nest. I did get the first camera up on a nest a few days ago and will do my battery change tomorrow. She was sitting on 4 eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment