Friday, May 1, 2009

wrapping up

Time is of the essence. I have been fighting time since I got here and I am now resigning myself to the fact that the end of this season (for me) is rapidly approaching. I have only 1 week! Today Lisa and I banded the remaining 3 GCWAs on Forest Ridge that we wanted to get so that plot is officially completed! Now if only the other plots were that complete. That makes 98 banded!

I found my 20th nest (on the road along Emma Long!) while I was walking between point counts. Things have been pretty slow since Monday when I found 2. We have bad weather all week, so I had to postpone point counts Tues and Wed, but yesterday and today were OK and now I am done with 2 of 5. I'm on track to complete those by early next week.

1 comment:

  1. End of one season the beginning of the next, I hope you enoyed you're time, there are 3 bears ready for your field season to end and for you to come home!

    ReplyDelete