Wednesday, April 1, 2009

so many birds, so little time

In just 2 1/2 weeks, we have now banded 63 warblers. Mark and I banded 10 TODAY! We finally caught 2 females, 1 today and 1 a couple days ago.

The one downside to all this banding is a lack of time to nest search. I did find 1 nest last weekend. I found it just looking around and confirmed the female adding material the next day. I spent yesterday afternoon on a couple sites with builing females, but I didn't see any action until after 5:30!!! Another hour spent and still hadn't refound the female and my feet and knees were getting quite achy so I gave up at 6:30. Today I was banding until 6:30 so again, no time. I plan on searching tomorrow - in the 25+ mph winds...

I'm missing key nest searching days:( but catching lots of birds:)

No comments:

Post a Comment