Sunday, March 22, 2009

off and soaring

After 1 week, we have successfully banded 26 golden-cheeked warblers!!! We're off to a great start - much better than any of us dreamed possible. I am doing really well picking net lanes and getting the birds in to the net. In fact, I got a 3-in-1 on Thursday (3 males in one net)! Today was super windy (winds in excess of 25 mph in the afternoon) and tomorrow promises to be the same all day, so I might not have much success:( Hope to keep getting good numbers - however, I am now switching from all day banding to 1/2 banding and 1/2 nest searching. Females are everywhere now and will be building like crazy this week.

I have lots of photos on COA cameras, with others taking the pics while I'm holding the bird - hence the lack of pics. However, I got a photo of one today, but I'm having issues uploading it. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment