Sunday, March 15, 2009

catch of the day

I set up a couple nets yesterday at the 1st male I heard in the area. Today started out rainy and crappy and I took a co-worker around the site to familiarize her with the area and scout out others warblers. After a brief lunch break and discovering the water was off in my apartment, I headed back out solo to see what happened. I opened up 1 net at 2:30. I heard the male singing in the distance, and after 10 mins didn't really think he was going to come in. I switched to the 'B' song and pretty soon I heard my male singing a soft 'B' in the neighboring tree. After flying over the net a couple times, he flew in! A quick release and a speedy handling and off he flew with his new pretty jewelry. Hope the ladies like it! I heard him singing in the area many more times as I was taking down the nets, but I never got to look at his new colorful legs - maybe tomorrow.

Here's to much more future success.










Black/Mauve:Blue/Silver is his 'name'

1 comment:

  1. Yay- let me be the first to congratulate you!!! Here's to many more....(imaginary beer glass *clink*)

    ReplyDelete